Friday, September 11, 2009

Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto met in NY!

genphotohires
Another historic moment for Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto when they met for their first news conference and first ever to be held on the field of the new Yankees Stadium at The Bronx in New York City on Thursday(Friday Philippines).

There was so much respect between Pacquiao, the pride and joy of the Philippines, and Cotto, the shining glory of Puerto Rico. Both Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto, wore a New York Yankees jersey at the launch of their coast-to-coast media tour of their WBO welterweight title showdown in Las Vegas in November.


Miguel Cotto on his up-coming fight with Manny:


"He’s facing Miguel Cotto who knows how to move inside the ring. I am not Oscar De La Hoya or Ricky Hatton,” said Cotto.

“I am going to train the hardest I have ever had in my career (for this fight with Pacquiao),” added Cotto.

“He (Pacquiao) is a good boxer. I’m going to do enough preparations to beat him...I’m just going to put myself in victory’s way for this one,” said Cotto.

And Manny's statement:

“I know that Miguel Cotto is bigger than me and stronger, but I will do my best to give you a good fight,” he told the jubilant crowd.

“Gagawain ko lahat para sa karangalan ng ating bansa,” he said.

Training starts in Baguio

Pacquiao will kick off his training in Baguio City. He will then proceed to California, where he likes to train, before heading to Las Vegas for the big night.

“We’re going to the Philippines, start training for this fight, just do like we always do…give a 100 percent,” said Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach

1 comment:

  1. This is an exception fight. For sure people like me will surely watch it.

    ReplyDelete