Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Five signs of a "Facebook" Addict!

logo_facebook

Are you an avid fan of Facebook?

Do you know that there is a new kind of addiction called Facebook Addiction Disorder (FAD). FAD could be classified under the more broad "internet addiction disorder" or internet overuse.


Here are five clues as a guide:



1. You lose sleep over Facebook.

When using Facebook becomes a compulsion and you spend entire nights logged on to the site, causing you to become tired the next day.

2. You spend more than an hour a day on Facebook.

Lipari said it is difficult to define how much is too much when it comes to Facebook usage, but that an average person need only spend half an hour on the site.

3. You become obsessed with old loves or exes

If you got reconnected with old friends or old loves and can't get enough of it on Facebook that you spend more time on them than anything.

4. You ignore work in favor of Facebook.

This means you do not do your job in order to sneak time on Facebook.

5. The thought of getting off Facebook leaves you in cold sweat.

If you try going a day without Facebook and it causes you stress and anxiety, this means you need help.

If you tried going a day without Facebook. And you find it causes you a lot of stress and anxiety, you are really a Facebook Addict!

Source

2 comments:

  1. I guess I have most of the signs. I guess facebook is the most hot social networking sites because almost everything is found in facebook. But what I loved with it is that the sharing of thoughts is so easy and the game farmville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my wife spent half the time with me that she spends on facebook, I would be a happy camper. As it is, I fight for time and am VERY SERIOUSLY getting more pissed and frustrated by the day. Our 4 year old say's "Mommy" at LEAST 5 times before my wife acknowledges her, which never happened before, and of course when I bring the problem up I'm just being an "Ass". Really getting to the end of my rope, just want to throw the E'FEN laptop out the window. I do understand the addiction, as I have an account myself and was playing my share of games and connecting with people, but as with EVERYTHING, there has got to be a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete